on 29 January 2014
I have been on the Slimming World programme for a year now, and although I've lost a fair bit of weight, the one thing that was sabotaging my weight loss was my emotional over eating. I had got the Slimming World plan into my head, but the near constant desire to eat - and the near constant thinking about food - was slowing down my weight loss.

Within three days of listening to the trance cd (and reading the book as well), I have felt a change in how I look at food. My mind is clear from the constant thinking about food, and I have no desire to pick between meals, or, during the notoriously dangerous time for me, that hour when I get in from work and start to cook dinner. (During this time it wouldn't be unusual for me to eat half a loaf, because I was simply bored or stressed at work).

I do not have a sweet tooth, I prefer Greggs to Thorntons any day, and used to find it hard to walk past my local Greggs and not come away with something to eat, but the past few days, even with the enticing smells that come from the shop, well, it's not bothered me at all, I don't even think about what they sell or what I like to eat there.

I would highly reccomend this book (and the cd and DVD) to anyone who has emotional eating problems. At one point I felt very low and wanted to end it all because no matter how I tried, comfort eating always won the day. I felt this was my last chance, and I'm so glad I've tried it. I will use this every day for the rest of my life if that is what it takes to keep feeling this in control of my eating and my life.
0Comment| 82 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading the comments at the moment. Please try again later.

Product Details