on 3 January 2008
When I was around 14 a friend of mine told me about a really great song I just had to hear, the song was 'girl anachronism' and the band was The Dresden Dolls, I bought the album and it changed my musical taste completely (for the better of course!)
I'm 17 now and this album currently occupies slot No. 2 in the converted 'top 5' slots in my CD rack.
Personally this album has everything I would want in one, passion, talent, Brilliant lyrics and a healthy sprinkle of psychosis; all wrapped up it becomes one of the best musical purchases I've ever made. Indeed at some points it's hard to believe all that sound is coming from just a voice, a piano, and some drums.
Recommended to absolutely everyone who has an open mind about music; I would imagine the dolls are a love it or hate it affair, but, if you feel like a break from all that radio 1, over produced and over hyped crap and a new refreshing addition to your music collection, you aren't likely to get better.
One person found this helpful
|0Comment|Report abuse| Permalink