VINE VOICEon 13 July 2009
I hadn't seen any of THE INBETWEENERS when it was showing on E4 but after strong recommendations from my friends I decided to give this a go. I sat down to watch it yesterday morning and 6 hours later I had finished them all - it is that addictive. It tells the story of Will, a 12th year student who moves to a state school after being bullied at his previous school. There he eventually makes some new friends who are not popular enough to be the cool kids but not nerdy enough to be the geeks, so they are the inbetweeners. The show deals with getting girls, school, parents, alcohol, bullying and everything else that makes up the everyday life of a teenage boy basically.

If you imagine Grange Hill but with mouths that you wouldn't believe kiss their mothers then this is what you'll get. It is rude, hilarious, in some ways realistic and most importantly - very watchable. The characters are all fantastic, each one of them I'm sure you can relate to either yourself or someone you knew back at school. The script is very witty and fast-moving with some extremely memorable one-liners.

I've only watched these the once but I am already a fan. There's no doubt in my mind that I'll be watching these all again very soon and I look forward to seeing series 3 when it's on now. Highly recommended! Tell your "fwends"!
77 Comments| 61 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink
What's this?