on 14 April 2009
A year ago, I would have been the first person to slate McFly as artists. I couldn't, and still can't, handle boy bands. Then I heard them play acoustically and had to grudgingly admit that they could play their instruments well. Then I went to see them live for a friends birthday, and they were amazing performers. The rest is history.

This album is them striking out on their own after creating their own label. It is brilliant, it is fun, creative and unique. I like every song on it. It is more raw and natural than their previous albums, which is why it's my favourite. I think that this band is better without many 'bells and whistles', they are very talented and don't need them. I think it would be even better if they wrote a purely acoustic album.

The DVD is an amazing bonus. The 'making of' is entertaining and interesting, seeing the band rehearse was great for me, because as I said I like it authentic. And it is always amausing to see people just have fun. : )I have watched the DVD over a dozen times now, and I never get bored. It is basically a bunch of young 20 somethings messing around, and if that is something that can make you laugh then go for it. Highlights include: hypnotism, skydiving, teasing each other and surfing.

I used to believe that McFly were just a stupid boy band that didn't write their own music or play their own instruments. I was so VERY wrong. This CD/DVD proves it. And it is one of my favourite purchases in recent times.
What's this?