on 16 July 2013
Colour: Black|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
As manufacturers go, I think Creative make some of the best IT media kit (I still use a very old Creative Zen Touch player) and I was enthusiastic to see how their wireless Bluetooth speaker performed.

Out of the box all is good... the speaker itself looks like a fat bar of Toblerone with a couple of switches on top, with power (via mini-USB) and bass port at the back. You can connect via a 3.5mm stereo jack, Bluetooth or NFC. For this review I've only tested Bluetooth but I would expect NFC to be similar albeit with a slightly different range.

To use Bluetooth, you slide the Bluetooth slider on the Speaker and get your device (in my case an iPhone) to look for a device to pair with. Once the speaker is found you pair them and you're ready to go. On the iphone select your music, press Play and voila... music comes out of the speaker. I was rather impressed actually that the iphone then lets you change the output device to the iphone - I didn't know it could do that. There's a built-in microphone so I've also tested it via Skype on the iphone - quite useful actually if you find your phone a bit quiet.

Back to the music playing: range is excellent - I put the speaker upstairs at the front of my house and had a signal downstairs. Once I got to the garden the signal had gone though but I don't think that's too bad. Battery life is superb - 7 hours is quoted but I only got 4 1/2... maybe I was playing it too loud, not sure. No real complaints there though.

However, there are a couple of things I wasn't so pleased about... the sound is okay but for the price of this device I was a little disappointed. Unlike other reviewers I thought the device seriously lacks bass and borders on being a little tinny. It's certainly better than a mobile phone's speakers or a tablet perhaps, but it's not going to replace a music system. The other complaint is the lack of a cover - a simple zipped cover would have been useful and made this a portable protected device. It's ideal for taking on holidays etc and connecting to a tablet or PC for children to look at TV for a couple of hours peace but without the cover you have to come up with something of your own.

This had potential to be really good and given other Creative products I have, I must admit I am a little disappointed.
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading the comments at the moment. Please try again later.