Learn more Download now Shop now Browse your favorite restaurants Shop now Shop now flip flip flip Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more

on 14 February 2011
Actually I bought this book twice. First I bought the Kindle version (despite it being grossly overpriced), and then, when I realised how good it was, I bought the hardback. I then read it for a second time, writing copious notes in pencil over the whole thing.

In short, this is a book worth buying and worth studying carefully. It isn't always an easy read, and parts of it made a lot better sense the second time through.

On the whole, I think it possible that this may turn out to be one of the most important books of the last ten years. After all, the obesity figures are continuing to rise, and with obesity comes increased risk of cancer, heart disease, diabetes, etc etc. I have read that diabetes alone reduces your life expectancy by twelve years.

Personally, I am prepared to go to quite a lot of trouble, through diet and exercise, to try to ensure that I don't end up as a fat, sick slob. Something will kill me sooner or later, of course, but in the meantime Gary Taubes provides an excellent guide to staying as healthy as possible.

Read this as though your life depended on it. Because it probably does.
8 people found this helpful