VINE VOICEon 6 January 2007
If I sound sexist I apologise in advance. This is the third Tejada novel in the series but the second one I've read.

I found this to be an excellent historical mystery, with great atmosphere and narrative. However: Did you enjoy "The Constant Gardener"? If you found that book/movie a little irritating you are going to get a little frustrated with his wife Elena.

She nags and nags!!!! I mean gimme a break! We're talking about the aftermath of the Spanish Civil War and Tejada is a Guardia officer! Cut the guy some slack. Plus Tejada seems to have gone a little soft. Nothing like the tough man of his times as in "Death of a Nationalist". I found that a little disappointing.

That said I'll stick with this series.
What's this?