on 25 July 2010
The praise for the book jacket were phenomenal, as I expected as I adored the TV series as well as the films. I was looking for more of the same through purchasing this book - sadly I was utterly disappointed.

What Marie Claire magazine called 'bite-sized chunks of irrepressible irreverence', I call disjointed, barely legible drivel that reads as the ramblings of a teenage, gum-chewing bobblehead. It was confusing: it didn't have the format of a newspaper column so it had me questioning if it was a work of fiction and who was narrating it. I enjoyed Bushnell's The Carrie Diaries (1) - The Carrie Diaries but this has turned me off her other offerings.

This book offeres a lot to be critqued, such as the under-developed characters that don't allow for the reader to connect to them, to the sheer lack of hooking material. The only people who'd read this book cover to cover are those like me: who simply have to finish a book, no matter how bad.

To put it simply, it's the worst book I've read in my entire life! It's nothing like the snippets of witty, insightful writing Carrie types in the show. So if you want more of Carrie, turn to 'The Carrie Diaries', NOT THIS!
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading the comments at the moment. Please try again later.