on 8 June 2010
This course is designed to be "worked" at, and as such is not as easy as some of the other language courses available. I had completed the Linguaphone PDQ Portuguese course first, and I am so glad I did! Take Off in Portuguese really builds on the Linguaphone course, and works rather well as a compliment to it. But I am sure I would find Take Off, a really difficult course for complete beginners.

There is not sufficient repition, and time to practise the phrases/expressions you have learned. It is essential that you keep referring to the book that accompanies the cd, and complete the tasks therein, in order to gain complete understanding. It is for this reason that I feel that the course needs "work", rather than just being "absorbed".

I have enjoyed the course as an "add on" and feel as if I have really got to grips with a tourist level of Portuguese, there is so much more content than the Linguaphone course, but I am sure that if I had started off with this course I would have given up long before my holidays in Portugal.

Good luck to anyone learning Portuguese. It might be me, but I find some of the nasal vowels really hard to replicate accurately!
11 Comment| 13 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink
What's this?