on 15 February 2005
After the refreshingly inaccessible sound on "Suicide Pact: Your First" it came somewhat as a surprise to hear the catchy and almost (Almost!) pop sound that pours out on "Shameless". Initially that's what I thought it was; a shameless effort to buy in on more royalties. You have to break away from Therapy's original direction and kind of take a step back. Then you'll see that this still has those Andy Cairns lyrics we love and as for the musical side, its kind of run off with the rock side of their ego's for a little bit. If your telling me that when you listened to this album you made comparisons to 'Kylie Minogue', 'Atomic Kitten' and 'S Club 7' or even the alternative toppers 'Wheatus' and 'Alien Ant Farm' well shame on you!
While I might agree that this is not the best album to come from Therapy? and granted I now know this album is destined to be overshadowed by the next release "High Anxiety" but it simply is not as bad as most fans will lead you to believe. It is far from disappointing, my personal faves are "Wicked Man", "Stalk & Slash" and "This One's For You" which I can only describe as senseless yet enjoyable rock offensives. If you can't laugh at the simple yet not quite so pointless "Dance" I'd ask you go get a sense of humour. Before I overkill the recovery of this album's reputation I'll simply sum up with this is not their best work but still a thoroughly enjoyable album which I don't believe to be a 100% serious outing and that you should simply treat it as a break and be thankful for the excellent follow-up album.
What's this?