on 23 November 2011
I have had ME for a couple of years and as many of us, am desperate to get back in full health. After having some improvement from psychology and nutritional therapies I decided to 'accelarate' my recovery by starting the Perrin Technique. I had read his book many times and it made sense. In the initial consultation he said that my recovery was very possible and would take about 2 years, and that I may feel worse in the beginning of the treatment because of the detox reaction. All still fine and well until I started the protocol...Well, in two weeks I went from being able to cycle small rounds and do yoga and be up most days to being bed bound with a feeling of never been so ill my entire life! He said that my reaction was severe, but 'could happen' and that I'd be back to where I was in a couple of weeks time. More than a month later I'm still struggling to even move around the house, little alone leave anywhere. This horrific experience really amplified my anxiety and I now need to take medication to manage it. So all I want to say is that, this approach may sound good on paper, but when a stressed out body (and mind), which everyone who has ME has, is been put into a protocol that has 3 detox massages per day every day, the end results can be nasty. His supplementation recommendations are also very dated and generalised - you really need to speak to a proper ME specialised nutritionist and get tested for these 'toxins'. My Nutritionist is now 'cleaning up the mess' that the Perrin Technique left me with. BE AWARE!
11 Comment| 49 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading the comments at the moment. Please try again later.