on 11 June 2009
I picked up this up on vinyl in Barnardo's when I was 13, thinking I'd bought something ambient. Music for Airports was in the process of fundamentally changing my life and this had me scratching my head. I used it to piss off my younger brother who found the rhythm section and backward-effect vocals of the opening track plain disturbing. Backwater sounded like a Butlins singalong at the time. It didn't stop the kids in school handing me C-90s for a copy.

20 odd years on and as it shuffles it's way onto the ipod now and again, the inventiveness, diversity and boundarylessness is still overwhelming. Paul Morley described this as one of the best rock albums ever made and he was bang on. I never ever tire of it. Perhaps I should burn a copy for my brother, see what he makes of it now.
0Comment| 8 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading the comments at the moment. Please try again later.

Product Details