on 28 April 2009
This was, as one would expect, a bleak book to read - God knows the picture on the front is enough to stop a bull at 50 paces! I didn't realise, however, how much I would be affected. I'm not really a maternal lady! but I don't think that's necessary to be totally shocked and saddened by the horrific story of what happened to children at this time in our so called 'civilised' country.
It is written with sensitivity and no real sense that the story should be sensationalised - let's face it, it's sensational enough. I would say if you are easily affected, and particularly so by horrors done to children, then this may not be the book for you.
The story is compelling and moving. A must read to inform us of just what went on in our own country at this bleak time in our history.
4 people found this helpful