on 6 April 2006
Firstly let's get this out of the way, I have no axe to grind here. I am a casual fan who has heard all the bands CDs and who in fact saw the band in London in 1997 before they even had a record out. But I'm not under Christina's spell and I'm not devoted to the band - although I saw them last year for the 4th time and thought them boring beyond belief.
But to Karmacode...
I hear it has already sold about 40,000 copies in the first week, which is pretty amazing, but why they are generating such a fuss is beyond me.
The album is certainly better than 2002's disappointing Comalies, but still no match for 'Unleashed Memories'. The trouble? It's just more of the same....and 'UM' was here first.
So if you are devoted to this band from before I doubt you'll be upset (unless you share my belief that the band is stagnant) but if you are looking to see if the band have injected some fresh life into their sound I fear you'll be disappointed.
Funny enough, I was listening to this CD earlier and thought I'd found a track which was a bit different, but then I realised it was a Depeche Mode song....which just about sums up Karmacode for me.
Not bad, just very average.
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading the comments at the moment. Please try again later.

Product Details