on 8 January 2014
I've been back and forth between London and the US for years, so it was only natural that I would eventually consider buying property in England. However, it always seemed like such a hassle; the paperwork alone seemed monumental. When I explained my desire to buy some property, most likely to rent out for a decent percentage of the time, they showed some interest. Hence began the quest to figure out just what exactly I was supposed to know about a completely new housing market and tax structure.

This book was an invaluable resource to me basically because it didn't take any knowledge for granted. From start to finish, it was clear, concise, relevant, and not even horribly dry like some tax books can be. There were so many secrets and small details that I was simply not aware of in the UK tax system, and I am sure that my friends were similarly in the dark. Reading this book undoubtedly will save me thousands of pounds if I pay attention to the details that Lee Hadnum included in this easy-to-read book. Obviously, this isn't the book you curl up at the fire with, but if you are serious about finding your way around a complex and (at times) nonsensical tax system, this book is perfect for you. It certainly did the job for me. Expats and globalization are two facts of modern life; eventually that leads to spreading wealth and real estate. Books like these are essential.
2 people found this helpful