on 4 June 2014
I bought this sound bar based on 'What Hifi' giving it 5/5 and highly recommending it. Boy was I disappointed. The look of the sound bar and sub are lovely. But that's it. I tried to connect it to my new Samsung TV via the Arc hdmi slots , but there was no sound. I tried connecting it to any hdmi slots, still no sound. I then went and bought new 1.4 hdmi cables in case this was the problem. No it still didn't work. The only way was to connect the optical cable to get sound, but then you do not get any display with this route, and as there is no display on the sound bar, you have no idea what your pressing, as half the time when your pressing the buttons on the remote it does not respond. By the way the remote is terrible. There is not even a button on it to switch Bluetooth on, so you physically have to switch it on from the top of the sound bar. Music sounded excellent through the sound bar, but normal TV didn't.
I have read since purchasing it most people can not connect the sound bar through hdmi cables, only optical cable. I did manage to connect the sound bar to my sky box, then connect sky box to tv, but with this method I had terrible lip sync issues, which was impossible to watch. You can not alter the lip sync through the sound bar like a lot of others, but I did find I could alter it through sky, but after a couple of days I decided I really wasn't happy with this sound bar, and have returned it. So my search continues.
44 Comments| 4 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink
What's this?