on 16 March 2013
When I was introduced to the Black Dagger Brotherhood I fell in love with this whole new take on vampires and, if I`m being brutally honest, with the WARDen ;-)
So when Heart of Gold appeared on my list of recommendations I didn't hesitate. I really wish I had!
In short, I found the lead guy Nick, underwhelming and his aggression mildly irritating. I also waited, in vain it turns out, for there to be some point to his being struck down by such debilitating migraines. I don't understand the reasoning behind making a fairly big deal out of something that doesn't become integral to the story. But maybe I missed something?
Carter was just plain boring and pretty one dimensional, in fact for me, that kind of sums up the whole thing. It's cliched, predictable and really nothing more than a run of the mill romance that you`d read on a sunny beach somewhere and forget the second you closed the book.
I really wanted to like this book and whilst I understand it's appeal to some readers, it just didn't do it for me. BDB fans take care, try before you buy!!
4 people found this helpful