Shop now Learn More Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Amazon Music Unlimited for Family Shop now Shop now Learn more Learn more Download now Shop now Browse your favorite restaurants Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now

on 22 March 2013
Before I begin, I should point out that I do not buy DVDs for repeat viewing hence the very fact that I am reviewing this brilliantly funny series after buying the boxset is exceptional in itself. I stumbled on one episode of "Twenty Twelve" during a very long transatlantic flight and what a find! How has it flown so far under the radar?!!

I desperately searched online and read the reviews which tended to be mainly in the broadsheets and on the strength of just one episode I did the unthinkable and bought the boxset!

I could write all day about the characters, the quality of the acting on show here, etc, etc, etc but it is the writing which is just sheer satirical genius. I really cannot single any one actor out as the whole ensemble is just fantastic, each with their own catchphrases which never seem corny or forced.

Jessica "totally" Hynes, Olivia "not a problem" Coleman & the wonderful, wonderful Karl "Classic!" Theobold are just three of the superb actors who deserve a special mention. If you are looking for a witty, hilariously brilliant, laugh out loud, clever comedy, then PLEASE watch this!

Beware of the ending though as you will be left begging for more which although frustrating for the viewer is exactly how a comedy series like this should end. Many comedy series have troughs and peaks but one of the main things I love so much about Twenty twelve is that every episode is as good if not better than the last.

In my top 3 of all time now and as Graham Hitchens would say a "Classic!"
11 Comment| 31 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink
What's this?

What are product links?

In the text of your review, you can link directly to any product offered on To insert a product link, follow these steps:
1. Find the product you want to reference on
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select
7. When your review is displayed on, this text will be transformed into a hyperlink, like this:Hamlet (The Pelican Shakespeare)