on 6 September 2012
I have so far cooked 3 dishes from here - the tarka dhal, chocolate pots and caponata (albeit without the anchovies) and all have turned out delicious. I love dhal, and I think Catherine's is probably now my favourite version. I am intrigued by the one pot pasta dishes, as that is something I have never even considered before, and the simple instructions to make dishes like hummus or even dulche de leche, show once again what a versatile beast the pressure cooker is.
Catherine eloquently explains how she has arrived at her recipes and guides us on a journey to cook simply, cost-consciously and hopefully deliciously. At a time when people have less and less time to cook the speed of pressure cooking is a welcome surprise.
As a non-meater, my only request would be that Catherine writes a vegetarian version. I can't wait to pre-order it!
11 Comment| 27 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink
What's this?