on 12 January 2011
I am a great fan of Jane Fonda and her many workouts as she always puts you through a very intense programme whilst making it look oh so easy!
In the 70's I was able to 'go for the burn' but now I am 60 I wanted something a little lighter. I had also put on quite a bit of weight due to a knee problem which prohibited any form of exercise and was not very inspired by all the 'younger' looking exercise DVD's from numerous celebrities that are out there.
I was delighted when Jane's new Fitness and Strong DVD hit the shelves, at last something I was familiar with and as she is now 72 I knew she would be merciful this time round!
And yes she is as pleasant as always whilst encouraging you all the way.No floor work or aerobic exercises but she does recommend Tai Chi and Pilates as alternatives or extras.
There are 2 exercises to follow, one is for a mild workout of about 20 mins whilst the other is more intense at about 30 mins.Both incorporate a chair, small weights and a towel and really are made for the 'older' generation. This DVD is about keeping fit, improving balance and keeping muscles loose.I found I could do these quite easily and did not feel completely out of breath, just a nice fluid heartbeat.
I can already feel the difference and am very happy that Ms Fonda has taken the courage to be different and looked at the older folk out there and concluded we all need a little help!
One thing that did annoy me but wasn't such an issue really, the back ground music tended to be a little loud in places especially on the more intensive workout and at times I had to strain to hear what Jane was saying.Other than that, an amazing DVD, try it, you won't regret it.Good Luck!
97 people found this helpful