Learn more Download now Browse your favorite restaurants Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more

Customer Review

on June 4, 2012
This is a very well researched book by Colin Andrews (a former engineer with British Government), that explains the Crop Circle phenomenon. In 19 chapters he is discussing facts and misconceptions about crop circles, what exactly are they, various theories (including connection with water and ley lines) and even something like "crop circle counterfeiting and hoaxes (quite amazing read there as in one example, he is "discussing" Richard Branson involvement in one of such cases - when Branson had flown a hot air balloon over the field during the night).

As he is noting in one of the chapters, approximately 80% of all the crop circles he investigated in England from 1999 through the year 2000 were manmade. But that still leaves 20% of them, which simply cannot be explained as manmade, as many of those:

-demonstrated a unique magnetic signature
-the majority of circles (in UK) have occurred around ancient sacred sites such as Stonehenge, Avebury, and other megalithic complexes - which also suggests some "unexplained" involvement.
-some people visiting those circles experience physiological effects (including heightened awareness, feeling subtle energies, headaches, and a profound sense of peace)
-some of the circles seem to have healing properties (people claim spontaneous healings inside some of them)
-scientists have found cellular changes in plants associated with crop circles.
-unidentified balls of light have been seen and filmed in and around the formations (as well as in and around megalithic sacred sites)

Bear in mind that the book doesn't fully explain that phenomena, probably no book fully can (I can only agree with the author that the enigma may never be fully explained, because the phenomenon could be simply outside our realm of understanding). But it is an excellent introductory material for anybody interested in crop circles

The book also has a lot of photos, the great Appendix section with "the Andrews crop circle catalogue", the FAQ (frequently asked questions) section and even a "crop circle who's who". Even though the book was written in 2003, is it a still valid and well researched material.
0Comment| 5 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink
What's this?

What are product links?

In the text of your review, you can link directly to any product offered on Amazon.com. To insert a product link, follow these steps:
1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select
6. Selecting the item displayed will insert text that looks like this: [[ASIN:014312854XHamlet (The Pelican Shakespeare)]]
7. When your review is displayed on Amazon.com, this text will be transformed into a hyperlink, like so:Hamlet (The Pelican Shakespeare)

You are limited to 10 product links in your review, and your link text may not be longer than 256 characters.


Product Details

5.0 out of 5 stars
6