on 20 January 2011
I ordered this TV just after Christmas, I had to return the first as it was faulty. It had a clear fault at the bottom edge of the screen but the rest of the picture was impressive. This prompted me to ask for a replacement instead of a refund.
The 2nd TV that I received looked an obvious return, with finger marks on the casing of the TV and a very battered box. Exasperated by the whole returns process I just accepted the TV.

The picture from my xbox is acceptable through component and good through the hdmi. With DVDs I have now watched several programmes that I had previously watched with the model I returned and I must say that the blacks seemed far less dark than on the older version and there are far more artifacts and light bleed from white objects. I assume that I have been a victim of the Samsung panel lottery. Whereby several companies manufacture screens for their products, including themselves and some manufacturers are better than others.

Viewing angles are poor but that is to be expected.

Saying all this if you have an LCD over 3 years old you'll probably be blown away by the picture. It also looks very pretty while not in use.

I now have a PS3 so have tested the TV with various blu-ray films. This TV is capable of a fantastic picture and only on the darkest of scenes is the uneven backlight ever an issue. This is the first LCD TV I've owned that has colour reproduction that can easily stand along side a good CRT.

Taking this further testing into account I've decided I should award the TV an additional star. It's not perfect but at just under £200 it is the ideal TV for the small bedroom.
0Comment| 8 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading the comments at the moment. Please try again later.