5.0 out of 5 stars Does this spell the end for the gym???, 1 May 2008
This review is from: Wii Fit with Balance Board (Wii) [Nintendo Wii] (Video Game)
Well, I've had my Wii Fit for a week now and I'm still as hooked. Infact, as you unlock more features the more you use it, I'm even MORE impressed than I was when I got it, and that's saying something!

If you are considering the Wii Fit because you want to lose some weight, or tone up, or improve your fitness, then I can say without fear that this WILL provide you with all you need to achieve your goal. Whatever your current activity level, Wii Fit has something to help you improve.

I was concerned that perhaps this would be a 'token gesture' of a fitness game. It isn't. This is the real thing and Nintendo should be congratulated on not just throwing out a quick fitness gimmick, but on taking the time to really cover all aspects of fitness.

Not only have I used this every day, but I wake up looking forward to my next shot! I spend time working on my posture and balance - which is built into some great games but which are also very insightful, and a bit of an eyeopener. The Balance Board is so well created that, in seconds, it was able to tell a friend of mine that he slouches, has terrible posture, and explained exactly what he was doing wrong, and how he could correct it. It was absolutely bang on.

I then spend time doing some aerobic activity, like jogging, hula hoops (great for the hips, thighs, and bum), and step dance. This lot will have you sweating every bit as much as a trip to the gym. But it's great fun too!

I can then spend some time on toning up with the help of my personal trainer. And to cool down, I do some yoga... something I have never even considered before but which I'm enjoying. The board is so sensitive that it really ensures you achieve the correct technique.

This is a real workout, every bit as productive as a trip to the gym. I have a gym membership and, when I manage to drag myself up there, I do enjoy it. The problem is I don't drag myself up there enough. Maybe I've only a couple of hours before I start work; maybe it's rush hour and I can't be bothered getting stuck in traffic; maybe it's raining. There's always a reason not to go.

The beauty of Wii Fit is it's waiting for you, right in your livingroom, whenever you want it. It's fun, it's inventive, it's personal and gives real time feedback. Forget the gym. Forget your workout video. Wii Fit WILL get you into shape, and you'll love every second!

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in
  [Cancel]

Comments

Track comments by e-mail

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 28 Dec 2008, 12:38:24 GMT
Absolutely agree with you. Probably the best present I have ever had!

In reply to an earlier post on 30 Dec 2008, 16:59:04 GMT
Lisa Hardy says:
Great review! I'm sold! Based on your review, I've bought one, and can't wait to get it!

Posted on 29 Jan 2009, 18:03:07 GMT
Last edited by the author on 29 Jan 2009, 18:05:55 GMT
Up the City! says:
This is the most fantastic thing. I had it as a birthday present but the whole family enjoys using it even in preference to watching football on TV, Absolutely brilliant.

Posted on 30 Jan 2009, 06:25:30 GMT
Janine says:
Your review is excellent so I won't bother to add mine... because you have said exactly what I feel exactly. My whole family (2-year old daughter included) still fights over who is next, and we have had it for 3 months already!

Posted on 1 Feb 2009, 01:44:03 GMT
What fitness game are you using to give you this great opinion of the Wii Fit. Is it a program that comes with it, or an additional fitness game?

In reply to an earlier post on 9 Apr 2009, 14:57:34 BST
The Wii Fit is a 'package' which includes the 'Balance Board' and a disc which incorporates all the features as described in the review; balance games, aerobics, muscle workout, yoga.

Posted on 1 Feb 2010, 21:00:39 GMT