on 14 May 2014
I agree with the review by Laurence Dann - "Relevant and interesting discussions, but lacks focus in the end".

I was expecting something more practical, but got a series of anecdotal stories often involving family members and friends. Lots of big shout outs here.

His final chapter I found fascinating, because we have a politically left leaning thinker believing the world's problems can be solved by changing the "focus" of our leaders' minds. Whereas I am a more cynical and lean to the right politically, but I believe the reason the world's problems are so intractible is because they are emergent i.e. the result of the actions of many and consequently any solution would require us all to change. Furthermore, I think it is optimistic in the extreme to expect that "focussing" on a problem necessarily leads to a solution, indeed some problems are insolvable. Indeed haven't we learnt that "solving" one problem usually causes another problem.
What's this?