on 6 August 2013
I have a Nikon D3100 and desires beyond my funds! With this lens I can take great shots of the moon (that's all so far). Do not expect to take instinctive shots - you need time, a tripod and knowledge of how to set up your camera manually BUT isn't that what good photography is all about? I could only dream of a Nikon lens of this depth and am very happy with what this adds to me repertoire. No, it doesn't get out much, but I don't feel guilty because of the price.

I still have the lens but haven't used it for ages. Now I am more familiar with what DSLRs can achieve, and what quality glass can do, I will no longer use this lens. I now have a D7100 and my main lens is the 18-300mm. Combined with a x2 teleconverter I can get much more stunning and crisper shots of the moon (for example) than I could ever achieve with this Opteka lens. You get what you pay for, so I've dropped from a 4 start to a 3 star rating not any lower as this is a budget consideration for most people.
22 Comments| 18 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading the comments at the moment. Please try again later.