on 24 August 2012
Feeling a little cautious after reading a few negative reviews I purchased mine from a UK supplier.

I am pleased to say my experience with this tablet has been very good, the one I have has none of the quality issues mentioned in the other reviews. In fact it has a nice solid feel to it, that gives a good impression of quality

The screen is very bright and clear with no dead pixels as far as I can see. Playback of video footage is very good. I did consider buying an Ipad (could not justify spending that much cash on a gimmick) and looked at a few in the shops. I would say the screen is as good as the Ipad 2 and only a little less detailed than the Ipad 3. At the price it has to be one of the best.

I would agree the sound from the internal speaker is not that good (not HiFi by a long way), but via headphones it is superb. This is fine with me.

Android OS is nice to use and internet surfing is a real pleasure with no issues connecting to my WiFi at any location in our house. Amazingly its as least as quick on the web as my Sony laptop with an i7 chip!

I agree it is pre-loaded with Chinese Apps that are hard to remove, but they take up very little memory space (10MB) and can be disabled easily within the settings so no longer appear in the Apps list. Not a true fix, but less annoying. Apps download and work from Google play with no problems so far.

Amazingly as soon as I logged on to google play store it automatically updated the email settings and linked to my Gmail account - no effort!

I am really pleased with the device and may have to buy one for my wife as she was so impressed and wants one.
22 Comments| 16 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink
What's this?