on 1 March 2008
As the Man said, "Time for the songs that will get us chicks backstage)".

Damnation, the rock album by Opeth, and yet nowhere on rock's greatest albums lists (whether 00's, all time, you name it). How's that? Well, not too many open minded listeners and journalists I guess. Like, "Who are they? Opeth? Aren't they a death/doom metal band? Forget it, no publicity/radio play/magazine covers for them!" Or something like that.

Damnation deserves and HAS TO be listened by rock fans (after all I consider myself more a rock fan rather that a metal one). It's an album that was stuck on my CD player for more than 2 months. Mikael's voice is great, most songs are great (and catchy), Progressive Rock at it's finest.

Damnation is not my favorite Opeth album though, mainly because it's the kind of album that you get to listen to everyday, twice a day, for a long period of time, but after that you get a little bored of it. It does stand the test of time, but not so much as other Opeth albums I guess.

But don't listen to me, I'm just the whining type of guy. And here comes the ultimate cliche: Do yourself a favor, and go buy this album!
10 people found this helpful