Learn more Download now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Learn more Learn more Shop Kindle Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more

on 24 September 2007
I guess I made the mistake of trusting in the review comments both on Amazon and other web sites without actually making the effort to check the product out more carefully in store against other brands.

Having had a high end Sony SACD/DVD player previously perhaps my expectations of the Panasonic were too high? The build quality feels flimsy, each time the DVD drawer opens it sounds and feels as though it will be the last, placing a CD in the drawer needs to be done with kid gloves to avoid feeling as though it will drop off!

The functionality of the player is acceptable, nothing startling nor innovative, in fact compared to a friends earlier Sony model, for some reason seems to lack a sense of progression in it's intuitive nature.

The manual seems to over complicate the functionality of the unit and it seems difficult to pinpoint a specific instruction to complete certain basic functions, they're obviously in the manual but it's not straight forward (unless I'm ageing and losing my technical ability!!)

Perhaps if I had taken time to compare the unit with others I may feel more comfortable in my purchase, my father in law is looking for a new unit to replace his Sony, sadly I can't say I've suggested he rushes out and buys one of these.

I guess it probably does what it says on the box but asside of that it doesn't delight, merely serves a purpose (in my opinion...)

Consider your purchase carefully on YOUR own research and findings not solely as I did, purely on the advice of others...
28 people found this helpful