on 23 April 2011
I believe the title for this review says it all. I don't live in the US. and so have no insight in to "what works" in the US. However, I live in Denmark which is, along with Japan, probably one of the most high-tech countries in the world (yes, I'm bragging) and this book is so outdated I didn't even finish it. I read and read and FINALLY there was a chapter which, I thought, would capture my attention with new exciting informations and strategies... So, I read on untill chapter 8: "Superhighway to millions: The Brave New World of Electronic Direct Marketing" and I was like: "finally, here's a chapter on e-marketing"..... nope. Instead I read half a chapter about "infomercials".

I think the least the auther could do is write a 2nd edition - spice it up with NEW material!! A lot of books are perfectly fine even though they're 30-40 years old.

This book, however, is NOT like good wine. It should have been enjoyed years ago.
7 people found this helpful