on 5 July 2010
Purchased this software with the expectations it could produce a decent quality DVD image.

My wife and I spent weeks producing a DVD of our son's christening using Nero Vision 10 which was all shot on a Sony HDR-CX350v in FX mode (24Mbps). When it's burnt to DVD, the picture quality looks like something shot through a lens covered in Vaseline, the original footage (1080i) is crystal clear however.

I tried every option, "Motion-adaptive Deinterlacing" (checked/unchecked), "Sample Format" (tried every option), "Encoding mode" (tried Fast encoding (1-pass) and High Quality (2-pass VBR)).

It all produces this same rubbish DVD render quality. This has been discussed on the Nero forums and Nero are yet to admit to a problem.

I downloaded a trial version of Sony Vegas Movie Studio HD Platinum 10, created a simple movie, added some of the clips I used in my Nero project, burnt to DVD just using the default Vegas settings and the difference between the Sony Vegas DVD and the Nero DVD are like night and day.

Some of my clips show footage inside a church, on the Vegas DVD details are crisp and clear. In the Nero DVD, details are blurred to the point you can't even make out the patterns on people's clothing.

Nero 10 is garbage and I wish I could get my money back on this product.

Avoid at all costs. I think Sony Vegas will be my next purchase.
11 Comment| 45 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?