on 8 January 2009
One of the saddest films I have seen. Very much like "Carrie" in the sense that Sadako is just a girl terrified of her own powers who wants to fit in.
Yukie Nakama is perfect as Sadako during her short life. She has the looks and vulnerability I envisioned when I read the 'Ring' books.
This film is a very moving slow-burner with some startling revalations about the angst-riddled ghost girl we first saw lurching towards the TV in "Ringu". It made me feel so much for Sadako that the ending made me cry!!
"Ring 0" also features one of the creepiest images I have ever seen! And I've seen it all. When the 'evil' Sadako emerges for the first time towards the end, brrr! The movement and noise is atrocious and makes me squirm thinking of it!!
What's this?