on January 7, 2013
This is a really really classy application. Having used Adobe Premire Pro a few years back, it's hard to justify spending that much money when this is around.

There is so much you can do with this application. But with that comes a All I would say is that it's not hugely intuitive. I consider myself a "techie" so I always hope to be able to work something out relatively quickly. That isn't always possible. That said, there is a chunky manual that comes with it, so as long as you prepare yourself and take it slowly, you'll be fine.

My other major gripe is that timeline manipulation is very fiddly. I can't seem to get to the right point without mouse movement. If I've got an hour long movie to mess around with, cutting the right chunk out of the middle is somewhat of an art. Maybe I'll get better.

But all-in-all this is just the right app if Windows Movie Maker or some of the other weaker offerings aren't really cutting it for you. I can testify that the 64-bit version is considerably faster than the 32-bit version (I originally used the 32-bit version by mistake). I also see an improvement if you choose to use the PC's graphics card for rendering (I use CUDA).

Basically, I would download the trial version from the website and try it out for 30 days. Personally, this was a no-brainer for me once the trial expired. What is slightly odd is that it's cheaper on Amazon than it is to download from Sony. So watch out for that if you are considering the trial.

Nice work Sony. There's not much they do that I don't love, TV's, Cameras, Playstations, and now software. A corporate giant you may be, but I tip my hat when you produce products like this for such a good price.
0Comment| 7 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink
What's this?