on 17 October 2011
I love history and I love reading. I'm also quite intrigued by the whole vampire thing (I loved Bram Stalker's Drakula) so this book seem quite perfect. I enjoyed it, though I did not love it.

It felt to me to be clearly written by a man for a male oriented audience... the descriptions are very good and the story moves a long nicely, but I would have preferred a bit more 'pathos'...

Saying that it was a really easy read (well, a bit gory in places) and I was surprised by the clever twist at the end. Would I read the rest of the series? Yes, I probably would. It's a good holiday read.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink