on 11 May 2014
I'm surprised by all the five star reviews. My son does really like it but he just loves everything with dinosaurs so that was a given really and I think he also likes the box idea as that's new for him but otherwise , quality is not great. the backs of the jigsaw pieces are already chipping off. I've had the toy under a week and chipping started on day one. My daughter was scrambling the jigsaw together when taking apart which caused it but I don't expect children will be ultra careful to separate gently and I think that is what it will need to keep in good shape. I thought it looked flimsy when I first saw it and felt proven correct when it started chipping.The box reminds me of those crates you find in fruit n veg shops.

I also think the puzzles haven't been thought out. There are any connective images between the pieces. I mean if two pieces that fit together have a tree and ...sky then it would be good to have a bit of tree in both pieces of the puzzle OR a bit of sky in both. But there is such an insignificant amount of shared imagery that it's not really noticeable until you've put them together (having used the picture) so kids aren't learning about the whole matching up of images which is what I thought jigsaws were about. AND there aren't any big pitures. Just the little ones on the side of the crate...I mean box. And if you are using the top of the box to do the puzzle on then how are you supposed to analyse those teeny images properly as a kid? Of course chances are, they'll do the puzzle a lot (with your help) if they're dino mad and know which pieces fit together pretty soon and not require help from u or the picture anymore.

So on the whole, I'm not impressed with the quality or how well thought out it is.....oh wait Theres more! There's some splints sticking up in the inner sides of the box and so possibility of getting splinters. You wouldn't ordinarily if the box is used properly but if someone decided to run their fingers through the inside of the box for whatever reason, then they could do.

But my son still really happy so I don't regret buying it but don't think it's worth the £10 I paid. 5 would be ok for that quality
What's this?