on 10 June 2014
I was severely annoyed at how this book turned out given that I had ordered it through amazon based on the positive reviews and raving of fans. What a waste of my time and money to tell you the truth.

I hated it. I despised every character in it - and yes, *gasp* - that includes Flynn. Freaky Flynn.

I understand he has Asperger syndrome, and cannot help his behaviour. I did respect the way he handled himself and how he grew up and matured - unlike any of the other characters. I respected his decision at the end, and his capacity to forgive and look beyond. But still, I saw nothing in him worth swooning over, unlike every other fan out there.

I've watched the movie "Adam" starring Hugh Dancy, whose character also suffers from Asperger and I was smitten by him. Not Flynn. Sorry.

As for Ellie - stupid, disgusting Ellie. No, she did not redeem herself in my eyes. Nothing she could possibly do will redeem her in my eyes. Every time you think she's grown up a little bit, she goes back to acting like a silly, bratty child. What twenty-two year old acts that way? Lashing out, and being mean, and hurting people for no other reason than because she can. Oh wait, she had a miserable childhood? Boohoo. Inexcusable.

She's a bully. Was a bully. Still is a bully. Until what? The last 2 or 3 pages?

And her best friend in the whole wide world, who she cowers in front of, Dania. This cruel, despicable bully, cowers only when it comes to her best friend Dania. Incomprehensible.

Dania is the biggest form of bully. She is pregnant with a child, but here is a twenty-two year old who abuses herself with alcohol and drugs and unprotected sex with strangers - WHILE pregnant. How am I supposed to root for this person, or her best friend, or anyone in this stupid story?

What is the moral here? That people can change? No one changed!
That people have miserable childhoods and live miserable lives and we need to sympathize? Not when her child is born prematurely with a hole in his heart! No thank you. Not when a person's actions could have gotten people killed and DID get a dog burnt to the ground. No thank you.

This book is horrible. And the writing is amateurish to say the least. There were several editing typos - and that's the bare minimum you could do.

I really tried to like this book and to try and read it and see it the way all those reviewers have, but I couldn't. I just couldn't.

No, thank you.