on 11 October 2012
I am not a huge fan but was curious to learn more about Shania after hearing glimpses of her life (her parent's accident and her divorce). I also liked her voice and a few songs but that's about it. I found this book really moving - she is not a fantastic (book) writer but what she does so well is that she writes from the heart. No one is perfect and she simply tells her story in her way. I had no idea how far she's come - to becoming the Shania we all know. I have a new respect for her as a musician/song writer - so much more talent, guts and strength as a woman than I realised.

Towards the end she explains where she is now - still lots of anger and seems to be still struggling to come to terms with where she is at and what happened leading up to and after her divorce but that just made me admire her more for being honest about still being a little vulnerable and imperfect. She opens her heart to her fans - and I love her for it - she's won me over!

I usually re-sell or pass on books once I've read them but this one is staying with me - it really has touched me and I might re-read it if I ever start feeling sorry for myself - if she can get through what she has come through and come out on top - then so can I!
5 people found this helpful