on 2 September 2011
I had been tempted to get an A3 printer for a few years now, they are not really the sort of thing that you can go to a shop and take a good look at, they are rarely on display, I had seen an Epson R1400 in a certain superstore, but that was about it.

So I have been totally reliant upon online specifications and other peoples reviews (thanks!), I wanted an Epson mostly because I have had three Epson A4 printers and all have been really good.

Like one of the previous reviewers, when I first saw the R3000 appear on the market I new it was the one I had been waiting for.

I had taken a look at the dimensions and I knew it was going to be big, but when it arrived it was huge! it may have put me off a little if I had seen it on display in a shop as space for me is a slight issue, I am sure it is bigger than the R1400 I saw on display, so worth checking out carefully if you are thinking of buying.

The saving grace is the wi-fi, it doesnt have to be a leads length away from the computer, it can go anywhere in the house, maybe even the attic, this wont be an issue for me as I will continue to use my Epson R285 A4 for regular tasks such as printing smaller photos and work documents and wont be forever climbing up in the attic to get prints.

It came complete with the normal set of confusing instructions which caused my brain to go straight into shut down mode, but I need not have worried the set up disc is really good and prompted me through the whole thing, I opted for the wi-fi connection, you will find that you need a USB lead just for setting up the wi-fi, and surprise surprise none was included, but luckily I found a spare.

Later on I found it just as easy to connect it to my laptop as well, I love wi-fi!!

First results are stunning, I printed out a couple of scenic shots on A3 matt card from permajet and a portrait on A3+ Epson premium glossy, printing time was up to 4 minutes, but photography being a hobby means I am in no rush.

Only down side so far is the printing ink, there are 9 cartridges at around £20-00p each!! nearly £200-00p for a complete set, they are twice the capacity of normal cartridges, but three times the price? I am hoping the prices will come down a little once the R3000 has been on the market a while.

I did try to check the cartridge prices out before I bought the printer but Amazon were not very specific and I thought they would be no more than £10-00p each, it was not until the printer arrived that I could get the part numbers off the cartridges supplied with it, check out Epson T1571 - T1579!

It does say in the instructions that the first set of inks fill the pipes in the printer and will not last as long as subsequent inks, I hope this is why a previous reviewer found his printer a little thirsty! I have printed about 5 A3 photographs so far and I dont think it has used too much.

As I have stated in previous reviews I feel you get what you pay for in life, so many times in the past I have tried to save a few pounds on buying cheaper versions of items, I have always been dissapointed, despite the size of this unit I feel the money was worth it.
88 Comments| 124 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading the comments at the moment. Please try again later.