on December 12, 2011
4 stars for the book minus 3 for Amazon for sending me an email informing me of "Henning Mankell's new book".

This is not a new book, it is the same book I bought several years ago with a different cover. I am not sure whether to be disgusted by the effrontery of Amazon to try to classify this as a new book or amazed at their incompetence in doing so. I am so furious with Amazon and this scam I barely resisted writing this in capitals.

There is too much repackaging of existing goods, sometimes with identical content, sometimes with just enough extra to differentiate it in commerce's attempts to put their hands in our pockets. Just look at the reviews of The Lord of the Rings blu-ray theatrical edition to see the opprobrium heaped on New Line for their bare-faced cheek.

So, sorry, Henning Mankell, but since they chose your book to scam me with, I award you one star.
33 comments| 2 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink
What's this?