2.0 out of 5 stars More magic than mouse: favours style over function., 11 Sept. 2010
This review is from: Apple Magic Mouse (Personal Computers)
Whilst the styling may be gorgeous, this little mouse:
1. eats batteries,
2. has a very low profile and is highly touch sensitive, which means your fingers - rather than rest on the mouse - must be held 'hovering' above it. After two weeks my middle finger ached so much I had to go back to my old mouse.
3. is temperamental connecting
4. sometimes gets 'lost' - the pointer disappears from the screen only coming back after a vigorous 'shake' on the mouse-mat
5. sometimes goes 'crazy' - the pointer deciding to jump to another location on the screen.

Overall a nice concept, very stylish but it's just not that good at performing its basic mouse functions.
Give it a try - it may fit your hand and suit your way of working, but the constantly aching finger was too high a price to pay for me.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines ">here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in
  [Cancel]

Comments

Track comments by e-mail
Tracked by 2 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 31 Oct 2010 10:37:52 GMT
Technotechno says:
A mouse pointer jumping across the screen is usually more indicative of the surface you are using it on than the mouse. If your mouse mat has any colour variations (most usually white writing or lines) it affects the light sensor on the underside of the mouse.

I find your point 2 incorrect. I rest my fingers on the mouse and it only sense's the finger that I'm moving. I was quite impressed by that.

Posted on 2 Nov 2010 22:39:02 GMT
hen says:
I dont know why people have been complaining about the OVER SENSITIVITY of this mouse. I have been using this mouse for almost a year and my hands or fingers never ache. the sensitivity works perfectly fine.

nothing's wrong with the connection. it sometimes lost connection but that happens very rarely and it will straight away connected again within 10 seconds usually.

as for the pointer jumping problem, technotechno has given you the answer

Posted on 31 Dec 2010 07:44:33 GMT
Clarissa says:
Just got one of these and it is taking some time to get a accustomed to. The scrolling has been challenging for me, and my hand is now aching too.....my hand is not accustomed to this way of operating. I am going to stick with it for a while to see if things improve. I don't care what a mouse looks like but I don't like a sore hand.

In reply to an earlier post on 9 Sep 2011 11:17:08 BDT
Suelzer says:
The problem is, by the time you get used to this mouse, the next one will be on the market. At least that's the case with me (will probably by then to be able to change the batteries a bit quicker). On the other hand I'll have a large surpless of rechargables.

In reply to an earlier post on 4 Dec 2012 04:46:49 GMT
GH says:
Mouse mat is frosted black glass. No white lines or colour variations for it to get confused over. I swapped to Logitech. No aches, no skipping and no lost connection.
Happy to hear your mouse allows you to rest your fingers on it. Mine didn't.
Happy too to hear that your hand never ached. Mine did. We're all different I guess.

In reply to an earlier post on 4 Dec 2012 04:50:48 GMT
GH says:
"It sometimes lost connection" - "connected again within 10 seconds usually"... but "nothing's wrong with connection"?
Thanks to technotechno for offering an answer - however it didn't apply. Mouse mat has no colour variations or white lines. Logitech copes just fine with it. Apple didn't.

In reply to an earlier post on 25 Jan 2013 11:11:54 GMT
J. Tremlett says:
I'm afraid that you can't use laser mice on glass. The laser reflects back on it and can cause issues. I can't help you with the hand ache, though. As you say, we are all different :0)
‹ Previous 1 Next ›