on 23 March 2014
This is a very nice projector. I was very happy with the picture quality and watching Prometheus in 3D was jaw-droppingly good. Best active 3d I've seen yet as I couldn't notice any cross-talk (using relatively cheap samsung glasses from amazon).

I use the projector in my bedroom approximately 3.5 meters from a plaster wall painted white. It gives me approximately 120 inches of screen. The projector isn't too heavy but it does not seem cheap in any way. Adjustable rear and front legs, keystone correction, and optical zoom allow the projection image to be manipulated and this gives a great deal of control to the owner for positioning the projector at angles, yet maintaining a clear, uniformed image. The noise doesn't bother me, however, it may irritate some people but the night picture settings (eg: cinema mode) reduce the fan noise and still give great images. I usually found the fan of my laptop was louder when playing video files.

I would consider giving 4 stars as it could maybe be a little cheaper but I took advantage of the epson free screen promotion so I saw it as a very good deal. This promotion does however end for purchases made after 31/03/2014 and claims must be made within 30 days (see epson website).

Choice of HDMI lead may be an issue. I purchased a 10m one which will not pass signal from my ps3 to the projector. I'm going to try a 6m cable.

The speakers on board are alright but I'd recommend a digital 5.1 setup with an HDMI compatible receiver.

This is my first projector but it has surpassed my expectations. Check out "eh tw5200" on YouTube to get a rough idea of what this baby can do. I'd definitely recommend it to home theatre enthusiasts.

I haven't played any games on it yet but this is something I'm definitely looking forward to as it's one of the selling points of this product.
11 Comment| 3 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?