on 24 September 2008
I have seen lots of people pick holes in this book for factual inaccuracies, missing bits out or whatever. Frankly I didn't know and I don't really care, as they didn't detract from my main reason for reading it - namely why did they spend all that money? I heard this question being asked of a NASA spokesperson at a conference and he couldn't give a meaningful answer either.

I personally think this book is fascinating and should be mandatory reading for anyone involved in any project with a big budget. Ignore the inaccuracies and ask yourself on your next project - why are we doing this, and what's it worth? Now, remind me just what we are going to get from the Large Haldron Collider?

And, yes I am related to Neil.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink