VINE VOICEon January 16, 2012
This might sound a little strange, but I originally bought the electric version of this album and didn't like it much. It was probably my least favourite of their records. I couldn't hear the killer melodies and harmonies I'd come to expect from The Coral. And then I hear this version. Same songs, very similar arrangements, and I love it. Maybe the songwriting got a little lost in the mix for me before. Maybe I found the production a bit distracting, I don't know. Here, stripped back, the quality comes shining through.

It will probably be a matter of taste as to whether you prefer the electric or acoustic versions of Butterfly House. For me, this is far superior. I would have released the album this way and stuck the electric versions out as bonus material for die hard fans. But then, that's just me - what do I know?

Ultimately, this is just a great record. Buy it.
22 comments| 10 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink
What's this?