TOP 500 REVIEWERon 9 January 2014
Tip 1 - Do the calibration in the dark without any lighting on, the results are much better. Tip 2 - If you run through the calibration and the program freezes without displaying the sample images with before/after then (Windows 7) disable the graphic cards control panel. I have an NVidia card so it was a Ctl+Alt+Del then click on the Services table and stop service nvsvc (It shows as NVidia) this works for me after reading a very poor hint on their support forum.

I was somewhat skeptical about the difference this would make. Getting more and more into actually editing before printing I thought it was worth giving this a go to see if it really made a difference. I have just finished calibration which was such a simple process and just did not realize how much of a magenta cast my monitor had. However the proof came when I took a photo off the wall I had printed in August and put it next to the monitor. While not perfect it was very close, certainly much closer than before. Obviously this does not control colour in the printer or the type of paper used but the image I was looking at in Photoshop 6 was a lot closer to the colours of the printed image after the calibration was complete.

Looking at the monitor it is quite strange because it doesn't look right, however this is probably due to the fact I have been looking at an uncalibrated screen for 2 years and I am sure I will get used to the new balance. I only have one monitor on one computer so this express version is ideal for me.
What's this?