on 18 September 2012
I bought the Fitbit Aria to track my weight and keep my progress updated easily. It seemed like the ideal choice as I already use the wonderful Fitbit tracker.

Out of the box, the scale looks terrific. It's very attractive and has a clear display.

I followed the instructions and began to setup the scale, sadly this is where I had some problems. Using my Mac, setup repeatedly failed to complete. Fortunately, I had my phone handy and was able to complete the setup from there (as suggested in another review). Setup then completed successfully and I was all set.

At this point I hit problem number two, the results. The scale appeared to be wildly inaccurate with the displayed weight changing +/- 8lbs each time I tried it. Convinced it was faulty, I was about to give up and return it.

Then I noticed my Aria displaying a message saying it was updating, so I waited.

Over the next day or two I noticed the Aria update itself several times, so I patiently kept waiting until it was finished.

What a difference the updates made!

Now the scale is consistent, accurate (only 2lbs different than the one at slimming class, and always the same difference), and has better BMI detection.

After the updates the scale becomes a brilliant product with loads of functionality, stylish looks and is consistent and accurate, though they still need to fix the setup problems.

In summary, a 5 star product which is let down a bit by some niggles.

**UPDATE** - I have now updated my rating to five stars. Late last year FitBit significantly improved the setup procedure making it much simpler; the niggles are gone and this is now a five star product :)
It's also helped me lose 5st since purchasing it :) x
44 Comments| 353 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading the comments at the moment. Please try again later.