on 27 May 2011
The first thing that pleased me about the book is that it was the same cover type as Mark's first. I was worried that it might be a hardback and they wouldn't match on my bookshelf...lol.

The second is that it is every bit as inspiring as The Man Who Cycled The World and yet a very different read. The first book was all about the world record, the efforts in achieving it and he often commented at how little time he got to spend experiencing the places he road through, this is very much about the journey, the people and the places, as well as the small matter of what Mark actually achieved himself. There is so much to be gained from reading this book, even if you watched the programmes about it.

I met Mark last year when he did a tour, talking about his two rides, he signed the bike I will be riding to Italy later this year. Whenever I'm struggling up a hill, or into a headwind I look at it, remember what Mark went through on his rides and dig deep. Reading this book inspires me to push that bit further than I think I'm able... I can not recommend it strongly enough.
1010 Comments| 5 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading the comments at the moment. Please try again later.