on 23 May 2011
Regardless of the rest of the reviews, I'm not making comparisons. I'm rating this as a game. Not saying *Oh but Halo has more unrealistic aliens trying to chase you* and definately not saying *Modern Warfare 3 isn't out yet and this is no Modern Warfare 3*

Lets be honest. We want to know what the GAME is like to PLAY! Not how it compares!

Now - pick up the pad and after a few minutes you'll know your way around the buttons. You get to run about shooting people and the scenery is awesome. There's a good load of stuff to keep you interested and the Single Player game itself is hard as hell - just what you want in a shooter! I for one LOVE Modern Warfare 2 but I was very disappointed with the offering from both Modern Warfare games with regards to the single player campaigns.

There's a major con. You're yet again an American chap with a gun fighting foreigners. Now - I like America, but seriously.. everyone on this planet is their enemy. It's getting old and tired. Stop picking a fight. I for one would rather a game where I'm thrown into the middle of the desert PROPER style and made to deal with all sorts of nasties!!

Now indeed I must point out - this here is a good wee game! You're chasing after all sorts of baddies and you get to fly about in helicopters and cause mayhem. There's all sorts of awesome guns from the standard old pistols (yeah gimme a break) to a nice RPG style lock on gun that blows the tanks to pieces. Not a technical review, not meant to be!

See to be honest with you - I had no internet connection when I had this game hired out. I just sat for days on end bashing the life out of it. And it was awesome fun! This won't be the game you go back to after you complete it, but trust me - BUY THIS! I do think to be honest with you that on single player mode its got more than the rest. There's a bit of depth in there and there's a storyline to follow. The Koreans have invaded and taken over America and you're on the Homefront (smooth, eh) trying to take back the land that's rightfully yours.

Buy it. Play it. Love it. Then remember I told you what to do :) If you love shooters don't let this pass you by!

(p.s. I truly think the 1-3 star ratings are people who can't be bothered playing something that isn't the norm!)
11 Comment| 14 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink
What's this?