on 8 November 2013
I normally find the early stages of a biog quite dull and samey but this one was written quite well, the story was interesting and honest enough to stop me skipping to the "famous" part.

I found the only fools and horses chapters to be really rushed and believe it or not to contain continuity errors, i.e the dating of the batman episode. I lost my faith and assumed it was ghost written by this point. There have been some very in-depth books regarding the only fools phonomenon which provided far greater detail than this one. Whilst i did expect some duplication in anecdotes i was sorely dissapointed at how little we gleaned from the star of the shows recollection.

As a huge fan of only fools it pains me to say i was very dissapointed with this element of the book and lets be honest this is what David Jason is best known for.

I heard David Jason agreed to do this book as he was told if he didn't someone else would. I wish i had known this was the motivation before i shelled out on this effort.
55 Comments| 9 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?