on 2 December 2012
I guess the title I gave this review sums it up really. I have read a few Feminist books but a number of these were written some time ago and were therefore somewhat out-dated in their views or were written by American authors focussing on the US (not a bad thing of course, but there are differences between the situation in the UK and that of women in the US).

I picked this book up and thought it looked interesting- not only is it fairly recent but it is also written with a focus on the situation of women in the UK. Rebecca is a good writer who keeps the reader engaged throughout, she also provides sound evidence for her arguments with no shortage of references.

The topic of modern motherhood is an exceptionally important one as it effects all of us, whether we are parents or not. This is an area where we must continue pushing for equality for men and women. This book makes a solid argument for an equal society (NB: she does not man bash at all - which is great as I would have binned the book if she did!)and is an excellent contribution to an important discussion that we as a society need to engage in.

This is a great book, I cannot recommend it enough!
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading the comments at the moment. Please try again later.