on 24 April 2014
This is a really, really nice addition to Eloy's extensive catalogue. Their only other live release i'm aware of is Eloy Live, many, many years earlier. So this one is long overdue and represents their impressive repertoire very well.

Older classics such as Child Migration and Poseidon's Creation have to be on this album and their reputation is well earned. But I was also taken aback by the power of tracks like Ro Setau, which didn't make so much of an impression on me on the studio version.

Every Eloy fan will have their own "best of" preferences, personally I would have liked to have swapped Mysterious Monolith, Horizons, Awakening of Consciousness and Decay of Logos, with say Voyager of the Future Race, Waves of Intuition, Escape to the Heights and Sensations. But make no mistake this is a real pleasure to listen to continuously from start to finish. The power and atmosphere ooze through your speakers.

My only slight gripe is the backing female vocals on Follow the Light which don't reflect the soaring beauty of the studio version, Otherwise I can't find fault.

I urge every reader and music fan to give Eloy a try, if you like anything remotely progressive. Thanks Frank for the comeback, I only hope I haven't missed my last chance to see you perform live. Tour again and i'll be on the flight over to Germany. I guess a UK gig is too much to wish for.
What's this?