on 9 June 2014
I was very excited when I bought this book as I have already read the excellent Drowning Guard by the same author. The House of Bathory boasts an intriguing storyline that combines fact and fiction blending early seventeenth century with the present. The flitting between past and present works very well, the story is well researched, the characters and historical events are very interesting. Having read all this you may wonder, why did I not give it the five stars it should deserve? On the negative side I am afraid that I did not find the book living up to it's promise. I did expect it to be much more gripping and chilling, we are after all talking about the equivalent of a female dracula. Instead it was even tiresome at times, it sometimes felt like the essence had been sucked out of it. Maybe this was the factor that I felt was lacking, such a shame as this book could have been so much better.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading the comments at the moment. Please try again later.